1. Watch This Video
2. What will you learn in this Module?
Module 1 of READI focuses on defining what health research is and identifying different kinds of research that you can participate as a researcher, consumer, and participant! You will learn how research is used and why you and other people with IDD belong on a research team! Let’s get researching!
In Module 1 we are going to discuss:
• What health is
• How research is defined and the different kinds of research
• Why you belong on a research team
• How research is used
• Why it is important for people with ID to participate in research as a participant, researcher, or consumer
- Module 1 - PDF
- Module 1 - Video
- Module 1 - Video with ASL Interpretation
- Module 1 - Facilitator Guide (Transcript)
3. Access Module 1
- Download: What is health research?
- View: Module 1 with audio (coming soon)
To download the facilitator guide for use, click here
4. Download the Module 1 Workbook
Download: Module 1 Workbook
Fill this out as you work through Module 1 of READI! You can write down your answers, ideas, and thoughts in this workbook!
Ausderau, K. K. & Health Research Engagement Development Team. (n.d.). READI: Module Workbooks. A product of the ‘Research Engagement with People with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities’ project (PCORI Eugene Washington Engagement Award #10029)